November 02, 2010

Keeping dreams alive

It's early November. I'm missing my garden. From April through September, I spend parts of most evenings outside--checking on plants, enjoying the fresh air, taking in the beauty. This time of year in this northern climate, it's too dark and too cold to spend much time outside when I get home from work. So it's time to dream. That's why I really like the message on this blog: May Dreams Gardens. The author's tagline describes exactly how I feel right now: "All year I dream of the days of May when the sun is warm, the sky is blue, the grass is green, and the garden is all new again!"

Most years at this time I would turn inward about now--toward holiday preparations, crochet projects, and books--and stop thinking about my garden until late January, when I would start planning the spring plantings. This year, this blog will help me to keep the gardening dreams alive even during the dark months.

2 comments:

  1. I found your blog on Blotanical. Welcome and would like to see more pics of your garden. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you! It's the warm leisurely evenings (and mornings) in the garden I love best. Welcome to the blogosphere, and I hope it helps keep you inspired and in a plant state of mind through the cold.

    ReplyDelete